School Development Plan
Abridged School Development Plan for Parents – St Luke’s Primary School (2018/19)
Dear parents and carers,
Over the last year, the Governors and staff have met with you, listened to your comments and taken some of your suggestions on board:
- Staff kept parents fully informed of their child’s progress through curriculum meetings, workshops and parent consultation days
- Staff focused on further embedding our vision and values across the federation and our work in partnership with St. John’s Angell Town.
- Staff focused on our more able ensuring that a greater percentage achieved greater depth at KS2
- Leaders focused on ensuring outstanding teaching and learning across the school by working in partnership with others across the federation
- We provided training and parent workshops to understand the threats to children and families from extremism and radicalisation, anti-bullying, cyber bullying and prejudice and to encourage healthy lifestyles.
- We continued to work with parents and involve them in their child’s learning and support our outstanding behaviour
We hope that you will see the progress that we have made in all of these areas
We will be inviting you to come and meet your child’s teacher on Monday 8th October 2018 at our Parent Consultation Day. At this meeting you will have the opportunity to look at your child’s work, discuss their progress and share their targets.
Over the course of the next year, we will be aiming to address our priorities, as set out in our School Development Plan. The aim of the School Development Plan is to continue to raise standards in all areas. With some new teaching staff this year ,we are particularly focussing on maintaining the proportion of outstanding teaching and learning, maths and writing and the achievement of all groups of pupils, especially the more able
Our priorities are set out on the following page so that you can see clearly what we are aiming to achieve and we look forward to meeting you all in school over the coming term.
School Development Plan – St. Luke’s Primary School 2018-19
Priority 1 – Outstanding Leadership and Management
- To ensure the effectiveness of all staff – ensuring that all new staff are inducted and supported in order to achieve outstanding teaching and learning
- To further develop links with other partner schools beyond the federation eg. SJAT and MAT schools, to provide support for others and to broaden opportunities for leadership
Priority 2 – Outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Continue to develop a clear progression of writing skills
- Raise the quality of pupils’ acquisition and development of language
- Develop Growth Mindset through the Arts
Priority 3 – Outstanding Outcomes
- We want to continue to ensure that all children make rapid progress and learn exceptionally well across all year groups and subjects, continue to develop and apply a wide range of skills and read widely.
- We aim to close any gaps there may be in terms of different groups of pupils and continue to increase the proportion of pupils attaining the greater depth standard at the end of KS1 and KS2.
Priority 4 – Outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- To work towards the UNICEF Rights Respecting towards Silver Award in 2018-19
- To continue to improve pupil well-being and good mental health