St Luke's C of E Primary School

Select Language

Special Educational Needs (SEND)

St Luke's Church of England Primary School, is an inclusive one-form entry, voluntary aided Church of England primary school. The school has strong links with St Luke's and our Christian ethos underpins all our policies and practice. Christian values are at the heart of all aspects of our school life providing a safe and happy learning environment where children are encouraged to develop respect, self-esteem and confidence. We aim to find exciting ways to educate, making use of the latest developments in technology.

St Luke's entered a soft federation in 2013, working with Christ Church (Streatham), another one form entry church school in Lambeth. Staff work across both schools, sharing expertise, resources and raising standards.  We are committed to providing high quality education and we believe that all children are entitled to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum.

The Federation of Christ Church and St. Luke's is committed to inclusion.  We strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to all learners. This does not mean that we will treat all learners in the same way, but that we will respond to learners in ways which take account of their varied life experiences and needs.

All Lambeth maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and are supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school. All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with a Special Educational Need/s and or Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible, where families want this to happen.

The school will meet the needs of children with the following SEND:

  • Communication and interaction
  • Cognition and learning
  • Social, mental and emotional health
  • Sensory /physical

The information below details the offer within the school and ways in which parents, children and young people may access the support required.



 Who are the best people to talk to in St Luke's about my child's difficulties with learning/ Special Educational Needs/Disability (SEND)?

How can I talk to them about my child if I need to?


Summary of responsibilities

The class teacher (CT)

is recommended as the first point of contact if you have any concerns.


The class teacher is responsible for:

Making sure that all children have access to good/outstanding teaching and that the curriculum is adapted to meet your child's individual needs (also known as personalisation or differentiation).

Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support, adapting resources etc.) and discussing amendments with the Inclusion Manager (IM) as necessary.

Writing Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.

Making sure that all members of staff working with your child in school are aware of your child's individual needs and/or conditions and what specific adjustments need to be made to enable them to be included and make progress.

Making sure that all staff working with your child in school are supported in delivering the planned work/programme for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.

Making sure that the school's SEND Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.

Contacted by: speaking to them at the end of a school day to arrange an appointment or telephoning the school.

The Inclusion Manager
























The IM is responsible for:

Coordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs and or Disabilities (SEND), and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.

Making sure that you are:

Fully involved in supporting your child's learning

Kept informed about the support your child is receiving

Fully Involved in reviewing how they are progressing

Fully involved in planning your child's support.

Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child's learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapy (SALT), Educational Psychology (EP) etc.

Updating the school's SEND record of need, (a system for ensuring all the special educational, physical and sensory needs of pupils in this school are known and understood) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child's progress and needs.

Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help your child (and other pupils with SEND in the school) to achieve their potential.

Supporting your child's class teacher to write IEPs that specify the targets set for your child to achieve.

Preparing a support plan for an Education, Health and Care Plan where needed.

Organising training for staff so they are aware and confident about how to meet the needs of your child and others within our school.

Contacted by: asking the class teacher to arrange for them to contact you, or by approaching the IM to request an appointment or by telephoning the school to make an appointment.

Teaching Assistant (TA) may be allocated to some pupils with SEND or the TA may be specialist in a particular type of support or intervention.


A TA may be allocated to work with a pupil with special educational needs and/or disabilities, or s/he may provide specialist support in a particular area, for example literacy.  Whilst TAs take a very valuable role in your child's education we would prefer that questions regarding your child's learning and progress are directed to the staff members named above. The class teacher and IM are fully involved in any support offered and make the decisions, in conjunction with the parents, on the type of support and interventions.

A child may receive support from a number of adults, and a conversation with the class teacher or IM will give you a fuller picture than may be obtained from a single supporting adult.  Of course, as a school we welcome regular dialogue between parents and all staff on how a child's day has been and we do actively encourage this continued feedback.

The Executive Headteacher



The Executive Headteacher is responsible for:

The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND. She delegates responsibility to the IM and class teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child's needs are met and that they make the best possible progress.

She makes sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about all issues in the school relating to SEND.

Contacted by: approaching the Executive headteacher or telephoning the school for an appointment.

SEND Governor  


The SEND Governor is responsible for:

Making sure that the school has an up to date SEND Policy

Making sure that the school has appropriate provision and has made necessary adaptations to meet the needs of all children in the school

Making sure that the school’s SEN funding is appropriately spent.

Making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEN and/or disabilities.

 Making visits to understand and monitor the support given to children with SEND in the school and being part of the process to ensure your child achieves his/her potential in school.

Contacted by: writing to the SEND Governor via the school office.



Whilst all adults in the school support children with SEND, the people named below are those you are most likely to talk to about your child.  A full staff list is available on the school website.






Nicky Zeronian- Dalley

Executive Head Teacher

Donna Hanson

SEND Governor

Sophia Bryan

Head of School

Fahri Francis

Assistant Headteacher

Karen Spencer

Inclusion Manager

Georgina Addo

Lead Practitioner





Georgina Addo

Class Teacher

Jackie Rogers

Teaching Assistant

Fahri Francis

Class Teacher

Sam Lumm

Teaching Assistant

Tessa Boakye

Class Teacher

Candice Phillip

Teaching Assistant

Irina Zlaveta

Class Teacher

Tara Rivero

Teaching Assistant

Louise Farugia

Class Teacher

Rowena Nelson

Teaching Assistant

Khadijah Wachenje

Class Teacher

Patricia Marballie

Teaching Assistant

Mariam Olayinka

Class Teacher

Louise Madden




Denise Edwards

Teaching Assistant

Stephen Bramfit

Music Teacher

Carol Benson

Teaching Assistant

Sylvette Peron

EAL Practitioner







Lisa Atkins

Federation Business Manager

Jessica Wilkinson


Kim Fairbrain








Anne Marie Buchannan

Educational Psychologist

Stephanie Pugh

Speech and Language Therapist



Patricia Mavimbella

Speech and Language Therapist



Children in school will get support that is specific to their individual needs. This may be all provided by the class teacher or may involve:

  • Staff who will visit the school from the Local Authority central services such as the ASD Outreach Team or Sensory Services (for students with a hearing or visual need)
  • Staff who visit from outside agencies such as the Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) and the Educational Psychologist (EP) Service.

What are the different types of support available for all children, children with SEN and /or disabilities in this school?

Types of support provided also showing the stage of the Code of Practice (the document that schools use to plan their SEND input), children will be at when receiving this input.

What would this mean for your child?

Who can get this kind of support?

Class teacher input via good/outstanding classroom teaching - Quality first teaching



The teacher will have the highest possible expectations for your child and all pupils in their class.

All teaching is based on building on what your child already knows, can do and can understand.

Putting in place different ways of teaching so that your child is fully involved in learning in class. This may involve things like using more practical learning or providing different resources adapted for your child.

Putting in place specific strategies (which may be suggested by the IM or staff from outside agencies) to enable your child to access the learning task.  This may include occasional Support from a Learning Assistant to help with a particular difficulty.

 We monitor the progress of all children against national age related expectations (ARE) and may identify a SEND using any of the following information:

Early Years Foundation Stage assessments

P level descriptors

Y1 phonic screening

National Curriculum ARE and assessments

Termly teacher assessments and progress reviews

End of Key Stage statutory assessments

Standardised screening and assessment tools eg Neale Reading Analysis


Pupil's Work

Information from a previous school or an existing statement of SEN/EHC plan

Assessments by a specialist service eg EP, SALT

All children in school receive this.



Where the class teacher and the school IM, on the basis of high quality evidence, conclude that a pupil needs the additional targeted support given by SEND Support as follows:-



Specific small group work. This group may take place in the classroom or outside.


This is called Special Educational Needs Support One (SEN 1)

Your child's teacher will have carefully checked on your child's progress and will have decided that your child has a gap in their understanding/learning and needs some extra support to close the gap between your child and their peers.

You will be immediately informed and be a full partner in planning and reviewing additional support or interventions.

The class teacher will plan, with you, your child and the IM, interventions to support your child's learning.  These interventions will have clear targets to help your child make more progress. This information will be recorded as an IEP and will be reviewed at least twice a year.

Interventions may include small group work for children with shared learning needs or individual sessions on a specific theme.

Interventions may include the use of specific IT hardware and software e.g. Ipads, Success Maker etc.

Where small group sessions are put in place they will be led by a TA or a teacher who may use a recognised programme of support e.g. Rapid Maths, Rapid Phonics etc.

The support for each child is reviewed regularly by the CT, IM, SLT and the HT to ensure the intervention is meeting the child's SEND. Feedback from all members of staff involved in the support provides information for reviews and future plans.


Any child who has specific gaps in their understanding of a subject/area of learning.


Specialist support groups

Led by outside agencies


This may be from:

Local Authority central services such as the ASD Outreach Team or Sensory Service ( for students with a hearing or visual need)

Outside agencies such as the Speech and Language therapy (SALT) Service.


This is called Special Educational Needs Support Plus (SEN +)

Specialist professionals may work with your child to understand their needs and make recommendations, these may include:

o   Making changes to the way your child is supported in class e.g. some individual support or changing some aspects of teaching to support them better

o   Support to set targets which will include their specific professional expertise

o   Your child's involvement in a group led by school staff under the guidance of the outside professional e.g Speech and Language Support.

o   A group or individual work in school led by an outside professional.

You will always be involved in decisions about how the support will be used and what strategies that will be put in place.

The recommendations of specialist professionals will be included in the IEP for your child.  The recommendations will be reviewed at least twice a year.

You will be provided with the contact details for any agencies or services outside the school who work with your child.

Any child who has specific gaps in their understanding of a subject/area of learning.



Support provided through a Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC).


This means your child will have been identified by the CT/IM as needing a particularly high level of individual and small group support which cannot be provided from the resources already delegated to the school.


Usually, if your child requires this high level of support they may also need specialist support in school from outside agencies.


This may be from:

Local Authority central services such as the ASD Outreach Team or Sensory Services (for students with a hearing or visual need)

Outside agencies such as the Speech and Language therapy (SALT) Service, Occupational Therapy service, Physiotherapy and/or CAMHS

If, despite the good/outstanding class teaching, the intervention groups and referrals to outside agencies that the school has provided from its own resources to enable your child to make progress, your child needs further or more specialist input the school, or you, can recommend that the Local Authority makes a statutory assessment for an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC).  This is a legal process and you can find full details about this in the Local Authority (LA) based Local Offer, Lambeth web site at

This is done in full partnership with you and your child.

After the school have sent in the request to the Local Authority (with a lot of supporting  information about your child, including some from you), the LA will decide whether they think your child's needs (as described in the paperwork provided), are sufficient to need a statutory assessment.

If this is the case the LA will ask you and all professionals involved with your child to write a report, to which your child contributes, outlining your child's needs and how they will be met including the long and short term outcomes that are being sought.

After the reports have all been sent in, an EHC Plan to which you and your child will contribute will be prepared. It is called an Education, Health and Care Plan because it brings together all of the educational health and social care needs that your child may have in one plan.

The school must make its best endeavours to put in place the support identified in the plan.

The progress your child makes with the support identified will be regularly reviewed and changed according to the progress your child makes.

There will be an annual review, chaired by the IM, to review the provision and to recommend any changes that may need to be made to the EHC plan. Specialist professionals will be present at and/or provide a report for the annual review.

If the LA does not think your child needs an EHC Plan, the school will be asked to continue with the SEND support in school and provide further support to you and to ensure your child's needs are met.

Each year we map our provision of support for children with SEND to show how we allocate resources .  We also calculate the cost of SEND provision.


Children whose  learning needs are

more severe, complex and potentially lifelong










How will we support your child with identified SEND starting at St Luke's School? 


  • If your child has been allocated a place at St Luke's School by the local authority and they have a SEND, please contact us as soon as you receive the offer as we may not have details of their needs at this stage.
  • We will invite you to visit the school with your child to have a look around and speak to staff and meet the key person who will work with you and your child while they are in the school.
  • If other professionals are involved, a Multi-Agency Team  (MAT) meeting will be held to discuss your child's needs, share strategies used, and ensure provision is put in place before your child starts
  • Your child's key person may make a home visit and also visit your child if they are attending another school or nursery; this will automatically happen if your child is starting in our Reception class.
  • We may suggest adaptations to the settling in period to help your child to settle more easily, but these will be agreed with you at the MAT meeting.
  • Following the settling in period, the class teacher will arrange an early meeting with you to review your child's learning and progress.
  • The staff will then hold regular meetings in school to monitor the progress of your child and invite you into school at least once a term to review this with you. 


How can I let the school know I am concerned about my child's progress in school?


If you have any concerns we recommend you speak to your child's class teacher initially, and at the earliest opportunity.

If you are not happy that the concerns are being managed and feel that your child is still not making progress you should speak to the Inclusion Manager.

If you are still not happy you can speak to the Executive Headteacher or school SEN Governor.


 How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child's learning in school?


When a teacher or you have raised concerns about your child's progress, and high quality personalised teaching has not met your child's needs, the teacher will raise this with the IM.  The school will invite you in to discuss the concern and plan a way forward.

The teacher will discuss your child's progress with you at our termly parents' meetings when you will be informed of your child's progress and any additional support being given.

Schools also have regular meetings between each class teachers and a senior staff member in the school to ensure all children are making good progress. This is another way your child may be identified as not making as much progress as expected.

If your child is then identified as not making progress the school will make a decision about whether to monitor this or set up an intervention group and will inform you. These groups may take place for a short period or over a longer period of time. However, please note that all children learn regularly in small groups in class (sometimes with teaching assistants) in order to support their progress in learning

If your child is still not making expected progress the school will discuss with you

o   Any concerns you may have

o   Any further interventions or referrals to outside professionals to support your child's learning

o   How we could work together, to support your child at home/school.



Who are the other people providing services to children with SEN in St Luke's school?



A.   Directly funded by

the school








B. Paid for centrally by the Local Authority but may be delivered in school










C.   Provided and paid for by the Health Service




D.   Voluntary agencies

Additional Speech and Language Therapy

1:1 or small group teachers or tutors

Outreach support from Kennington Park Bridge to School

Activities arranged through the Windmill Cluster eg horse riding, writing workshops etc


Autism Outreach Service

Educational Psychology Service

Sensory Service for children with  visual or hearing needs

Assessment, advice and resources for children with literacy or numeracy difficulties including Dyslexia

Speech and Language Therapy (provided by Health but paid for by the Local Authority).

Occupational Therapy


Professional training for school staff to deliver medical interventions

Lambeth Information Advice and Support Service (IASS – formerly Parent Partnership Service to support families through the SEN processes and procedures).

Social Services

Education Welfare Service



School Nurse


Community Paediatrician



National Autistic Society


The Lambeth Local Offer Web site contains full information of the services available to children, young people and their families under the Lambeth Local Offer.


How are the adults in St Luke's school helped to work with children with SEND and what training do they have?

The IM's job is to support the class teacher in planning for children with SEND.

The school has a school development plan which identifies training needs for all staff to improve the teaching and learning of children including those with SEND. This may include whole school training on SEND issues or to support identified groups of learners in school, such as ASD, dyslexia etc.

Staff meetings are used to disseminate knowledge, strategies and experience, to ensure consistency of the school's approach for children with SEND.

Individual teachers and support staff attend training courses run by outside agencies that are relevant to the needs of specific children in their class e.g. from the ASD Outreach service,  Sensory service or medical /health training to support staff in implementing care plans.

Identified staff members attend training linked to the specific  needs of a child with SEND

Training for individual members of staff may also be identified through the school's performance management process.

 How will the teaching be adapted for my child with SEND?

Class Teachers plan lessons according to the specific needs of all groups of children in their class, and will ensure that learning tasks are adapted to enable your child to access their learning as independently as possible.

Specially trained support staff can implement the teachers modified/adapted planning to support the needs of your child where necessary.

Specific resources and strategies will be used to support your child individually, and in groups and in the classroom so that they can learn most effectively, and where necessary to be included in the full life of the school. These will be included in your child's learning plan.

Planning and teaching will be adapted on a daily basis, if needed, to meet your child's learning needs and increase your child's access to what is on offer.


How does St Luke's School incorporate disability issues into the curriculum?

  • The curriculum includes issues of disability, difference and valuing diversity.  Advice will be sought from Disabled People's organisations on appropriate resources.
  • The library resources are regularly reviewed to ensure they include books that reflect the range of special educational needs issues and come from a disability equality perspective, and priority is given to the ordering of books with positive images and a positive portrayal of Disabled People as they become available.

 How will St Luke's measure the progress of my child in school? How will I know about this?

At St Luke's School, we use the definition of adequate progress as suggested in the Code of Practice i.e. progress which:

Closes the attainment gap between the child and their peers

Prevents the attainment gap from growing wider

Is similar to that of peers starting at the same attainment baseline, but less than the

majority of peers

Matches or betters the child's previous rate of progress

Ensures full access to the curriculum

Demonstrates an improvement in self-help or social or personal skills

Demonstrates an improvement in the child's behaviour

Your child's progress is continually monitored by his/her class teacher.

His/her progress is reviewed every term in reading, writing, numeracy as well as progress in other areas, as appropriate, such as attendance, engagement in learning and social and emotional development.  Other subjects are reviewed twice each year.

If your child is in Year1 and above, but is not yet at National Curriculum levels, a more sensitive assessment tool is used which shows their level in more detail and will also show smaller but significant steps of progress.  These levels are called levels.

At the end of each key stage (i.e. at the end of year 2 and year 6) all children are more formally assessed. 

Children, who have SEND Support have an IEP which will be reviewed with your involvement, every term and the plan for the next term made.

The progress of children with an EHC Plan is formally reviewed at an Annual Review with all adults, including parents, involved with the child's education.

The IM will also check your child is making good progress within any individual learning and in any group that they take part in.

A range of ways will be used to keep you informed, which may include:

o   Home/school contact book

o   Letters/certificates sent home

o   Additional meetings as required

o   Annual Reviews

o   End of Year Reports

What support do you have for parents of child with SEND?

We would like you to talk to your child's class teacher regularly so we know what they are doing at home and we can tell you about what we are doing in school.  This is to ensure that we are doing similar things to support them both at home and school and can share what is working in both places.

The IM is available to meet with you to discuss your child's progress or any concerns/worries you may have.

All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you by the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report. The CT or IM will also arrange to meet with you to discuss any new assessments and ideas suggested by outside agencies for your child.

IEP's will be reviewed with your involvement each term.

Home Learning will be adjusted, as necessary, to your child's individual needs

Each class has a blog to keep you informed of the class activities and the school website also has details of events.

A home/school contact book may be used to support communication with you, when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.

In addition:

We hold workshops for parents of all children in the school, for example in relation to reading, phonics or maths. We will be happy to discuss any necessary adaptations for your child.

The IEP will include ideas for how you can support your child at home, following the discussion with you.

The external professionals involved with your child will be happy to meet with you on request.

We will be happy to consider any ideas in order to support your child.

If you child is undergoing statutory assessment for an EHC Plan you will also be supported by the Children's Services SEN/D Team. They will ensure that you fully understand the process.

How have we made this school physically accessible to children with SEND? 

Much of the school is accessible to children with physical disability via ramps.

Class allocations can be adapted to ensure rooms are accessible for children with disabilities

The school has a quiet room

There is a shower and accessible toilets for children and adults.

We ensure that equipment used is accessible to all children regardless of their needs.

The school has staff trained to suit children with a range of needs.

We will adapt the learning environment for the identified needs of children with difficulties such as ASD e.g. workstations for children.

The school will ensure that extra-curricular activities are barrier free and do not exclude any pupils.

If you have a specific concern please make contact with the IM.  Contact telephone number 0208 670 1981


How will we support your child when they are leaving this school?  OR when moving on to another class?

We recognise that moving on can be difficult for a child with SEND and take steps to ensure that any transition is a smooth as possible.

If your child is moving to another school:

o   We will talk with your child to identify how they are feeling about the move and discuss with them how to make it as positive an experience as possible.

o   We will contact the new school's SENCO/IM and ensure s/he knows about any special arrangements or support that needs to be made for your child.

o   Where possible we will support a visit to the new school in advance of the move.

o    We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible.


When moving classes in school:

o   You will meet with the new teacher, if possible, before the move takes place.

o   Information will be passed on to the new class teacher in advance and in all cases, a planning meeting will take place with the new teacher. All IEPs will be shared with the new teacher. You will be invited to the planning meeting early in the new term.

o   If your child would be helped by a book to support them understand moving on then it will be made for them.


 In Year 6

o   Our IM will discuss the specific needs of your child with the SENCO/IM of their secondary school, and attend any specialist sessions e.g. for students with an ASD, as appropriate.

o   Your child may attend a small group in school, to support their understanding of the changes ahead. This may include creating a Personal Passport or Moving On booklet which includes information about themselves for their new school.  Your child will also carry out transition activities as part of the Y6 curriculum.

o   Where possible your child will visit their new school and, in many cases, staff from the new school will visit your child in this school.


How does the school evaluate the effectiveness of the provision for pupils with SEND?

Every term, we analyse the data we have on the percentage of our pupils with very low attainment at the end of their key stage, compared to the percentage in similar schools. We also analyse data on behaviour: major behaviour incidents and exclusions (including lunchtime exclusions). We use this analysis to help us plan our provision map. At the same time, we set new targets for the year ahead, aiming for:

    • A reduction in the percentage of children with very low attainment,
    • An increase in the percentage of children recorded as having special educational needs attaining ARE at the end of KS1 and at the end of KS2,
    • A reduction in behaviour incidents and exclusions
  • We report progress against these targets to the governing body through the Executive Headteacher's Reports.
  • The Executive Headteacher provides information to the Governing Body each term as to the numbers of pupils receiving special educational provision and Statements/EHCPs as well as any pupils for whom a Statutory Assessment has been requested. The Executive Headteacher will report on any whole school developments in relation to inclusion, at the same time, and will ensure that governors are kept up to date with any legislative or local policy changes.
  • The IM reports termly to the Curriculum and Standards Committee.
  • The IM will meet with the SEND governor to discuss inclusion and current SEND concerns. The SEND governor will lead governor monitoring of the SEND report through procedures to be agreed annually
  • SEND and Inclusion is a standing agenda item at all Curriculum and Standards Committee meetings and will be reported at the full governing body meetings through reports and minutes, which are then discussed as necessary.
  • Whole school monitoring and evaluation procedures will include sampling of work and observations. Outcomes pertinent to SEND provision and planning will be taken forward by the whole staff and used to build upon successful practice.
  • The SEND report will be reviewed annually by the school's governing body



What is the role of the Governing Body relating to SEND at St Luke’s School?

There is a named SEND governor (responsibilities are outlined in Section A of this report)

The Governing Body receives regular reports and monitors the quality of teaching and learning, the impact of provision and progress of all children, including those with SEND.

The Governing Body evaluates the effectiveness of the provision for pupils with SEND (see previous section)

Through reports from and minutes of the Resources Committee, the Governing Body

o   identifies the notional SEN budget in the budget plan and receives reports on the budget and monitors how the funding is being used.

o   knows the level of service provided by other services that are centrally funded by the LA

o   knows the cost of interventions available from other services that are funded by the school from the notional SEND budget.

o   receives regular reports on any high needs funding for individual pupils and monitors this funding to ensure it is used appropriately.

The SEND report will be reviewed annually by the school's governing body

What should I do if I am not satisfied with the SEND provision for my child?

 If you are concerned about the SEND provision for your child or any aspect of the SEND report, you should, in the first instance, raise it with the Inclusion Manger, who will try to resolve the situation.

  • If the issue cannot be resolved within 10 working days, you can submit a formal complaint to the Executive Headteacher in writing or any other accessible format. The Executive Headteacher will reply within 10 working days.
  • Any issues that remain unresolved at this stage will be managed according to the school's Complaints Policy. This is available, on request, from the school office.
  • You can also get advice through Parent Partnership (contact details are available on the Lambeth website




Autistic Spectrum Disorder


Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service

EHC plan

Education, Health, Care Plan


Educational Psychologist


Hearing Impaired


Individual Education Plan


Inclusion Manager


School Action stage of the SEN Code of Practice


School Action Plus stage of the SEN Code of Practice


Speech and Language Therapist


Special Educational Needs


Special Educational Needs Coordinator


Special Educational Need and/or Disability

SEND Code of Practice

The legal document that sets out the requirements for SEND


Visually Impaired


The SEND report was reviewed in October 2017